[ Home / Archive / Internet / Hobbies ] [ RSS ]

/lol/ - Internet

The stories and information posted here are autistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

[]
Text must be less than 2048 characters and 64 lines
Files must be less than 10 MB (10485760 B)
Files can be images, .WEBM, .MP4 or .SWF

You cannot post for 0 seconds

Join us on IRC: #mootxico @ irc.rizon.net
Anonymous 2024/01/21(Sun) 15:58:04 GMT No. 14063
File: Untitled.png (7 KB, 694x111)
Tip for the new IRC users out there
Either wait for a response or message an online user directly by typing their name or direct messaging them with /msg..
Anonymous 2024/01/21(Sun) 16:23:31 GMT No. 14064
File: thinking arbys.png (109 KB, 360x280) >>14063
It still surprises me how many people join IRC without knowing that idling is a thing
Anonymous 2024/01/21(Sun) 21:13:31 GMT No. 14067
>>14064
Literally nothing is explained on IRC
You have to go through a wiki to learn anything.
Anonymous 2024/01/21(Sun) 22:56:02 GMT No. 14069
File: n5oni3.jpg (36 KB, 337x337) >>14067
Do you really need to have a wiki to know that you should be patient in waiting for a response?
Anonymous 2024/01/22(Mon) 05:25:02 GMT No. 14072
>>14069
kids today dont know the meaning of the word
Anonymous 2024/01/22(Mon) 10:41:28 GMT No. 14074
>>14069
You can't even fucking idle properly without a bouncer service active.
Anonymous 2024/01/22(Mon) 21:58:14 GMT No. 14076
File: 16669698077761(...).png (432 KB, 853x1024) >>14074
Get a bouncer or get good anon
Anonymous 2024/01/23(Tue) 00:24:47 GMT No. 14077
>>14076
Point of the matter is that for new users, IRC sucks balls in every single way possible when compared to literally EVERYTHING else.
Anonymous 2024/01/23(Tue) 05:18:13 GMT No. 14078
File: what the fug.jpg (123 KB, 850x853) >>14077
Listen anon: IRC would not be as big as it was, let along how big it still is, if it was ever hard to use. It isn't like it's userbase are only tryhards and technically advanced people; it would NEVER have swelled to it's largest size if that were the case at any point. The lack of a saved chatlog is the one downside, but that's the only real tradeoff in functionality. IRC beyond that is easy to use, get into, and set up. That's why people still love it and, for the most part, only reluctantly move to other software/protocols if need be. There are also a bunch of bridge programs that people make for IRC to these other programs because they enjoy using IRC that much.

So, if YOU cannot into something that literally MILLIONS of people were using at one point (including fourteen year old girls) and tens of thousands are currently, then that's a personal issue. I don't know if you're plain stupid or if you just really need those anime avatars and reaction images, but whatever it is it isn't IRC's fault.

But if you want to enable automatic chatlogs, reaction icons, and the hidden upvote system, then simply delete system32. I hope that helps.
Anonymous 2024/01/23(Tue) 11:04:06 GMT No. 14081
File: 1489280152226.jpg (338 KB, 800x516) >>14078
Every single other chatting service only require you to press the "log in" button to start using it at its full potential right off the bat with all their features laid out in front of you.
IRC is overly complicated for no reason and hasn't adapted to evolving technology. And that's why it's a complete laughing stock online everywhere, and also the main reason why it *HAD* willions of users.

It's like those dense retards who insist that using command prompt is better than using a mouse. I never argued that it was "too hard", but it is undeniably a hassle to have to learn all that shit when all you could do is use ANYTHING else.
Anonymous 2024/01/23(Tue) 16:38:16 GMT No. 14082
>>14081
random bot post lul
Anonymous 2024/01/23(Tue) 16:54:13 GMT No. 14083
File: sad gmod vin d(...).jpg (101 KB, 905x675) >>14081
>hasn't adapted to evolving technology
that's code for "I 've been conditioned to want everything spoonfed to me regardless of functionality costs". It doesn't matter that IRC is widely used, has quick set up time, is fast and lightweight, and easily configurable. The only think that matters is that little baby over here has to use his keyboard and doesn't get to look at funny pictures. Awwww, how saaad!

>And that's why it's a complete laughing stock online everywhere
Do you know what that phrase is intended to mean? I have never seen anyone laugh at IRC; it's so neutral that it wouldn't make sense to. Either you're some random teenager from 4chan's /g/ who thinks repeating the same phrases about things you don't like is some form of comedic, biting commentary or you're simply talking out of your ass. Your comment about command prompts and mice is indicative of this as well, since you just don't know that some tools are better for certain jobs. That would be like saying
>What do you MEAN using a wrench is better than using a hammer?! It's such a hassle to put it on the nut and turn the damn thing! I just hit everything with my hammer until it falls out or goes in.

Anon, if using a keyboard is THIS much of a hassle for you I think you're just a dumbass. None of the tens of thousands of other IRC users have a problem with it, so I don't know what to tell you. It isn't like you're being asked to write your own client; the only think you really have to do is copy and paste commands and wait for responses, But you're acting like you are being asked to rewrite the fucking NT kernel on login. So stop your bitching or go somewhere else.
Anonymous 2024/01/24(Wed) 02:56:56 GMT No. 14084
File: cognitive diss(...).jpg (66 KB, 600x600) >>14083
Mindless elitism like yours is why you fail to realize why discord has 190 million monthly users while irc has stagnated to just a few thousands old coats from your MUH MILLIONS. You can't even take criticism without being offended and taking it personally. You can't even understand a new user's perspective.

You're one hell of a dumbass, but I'll break it down for you anyway.

>that's code for "I've been conditioned to want everything spoonfed to me regardless of functionality costs
I've been using IRC for almost 5 years and I personally prefer it to everything else. You automatically believe that I hate it because I criticized it. You are severely retarded.
>It doesn't matter that IRC is widely used, has quick set up time, is fast and lightweight, and easily configurable
(the start) *log in* ==> *You are logged in, enjoy. (the end)*
>functionality costs
boo-fucking-hoo. Hide behind a proxy if you're worried about privacy and download some ram if you're stuck with just 16mb, you dinosaur. What do you even mean by this.

>Do you know what that phrase is intended to mean? I have never seen anyone laugh at IRC
Its become an inside joke among eternally-online teens, but you wouldn't know anything about that because you're a jaded old faggot that can't look past his own nose anymore. You're that annoying grandpa that keeps getting mad at youngsters stepping on his lawn, despite having done so countless times in your time without a care in the world. At least I hope you weren't always like this.
TLDR for you: a popular "tech hipster" bragged about using IRC, was met with ridicule for it and it was enough to turn it into a joke.

>None of the tens of thousands of other IRC users have a problem with it
How many of those are new users or even active? I think it's a safe to say that most IRC users have already been using it for 10 years or more.

IRC is good for people like us who frequent imageboards, but you're considered weird everywhere if you refuse to use Discord. Because everyone uses it.
Anonymous 2024/01/24(Wed) 03:26:32 GMT No. 14085
File: this IRC stuff(...).png (1 KB, 475x16) >>14084
Oh, bullshit. Me and the few people I've introduced to IRC have found it quite intuitive, and none of us are tech savvy.
And the experience of joining a channel on IRC is even easier than what you described, you don't even need to log in. I just double-click on a favorited server and it auto-connects me to several channels.

I don't know what kind of people you hang out with, but try talking to somebody who isn't profoundly retarded.
Anonymous 2024/01/24(Wed) 03:26:57 GMT No. 14086
File: HRNG.jpg (15 KB, 294x313) >>14084
I'm not offended, I genuinely think that you're a dumbass because of your inability to do basic things with a computer and your tendency to argue your point with unrelated "observations". Why should I give a shit what people flock to? Why should I give a shit if people think I'm weird for not using some Fisher-Price chatroom software? Why should I care about some random YouTuber's comments and what his fanbase of sniveling, pizza-faced teenagers think? What relevance does any of this have to how something works?
>boo-fucking-hoo...What do you even mean by this.
Oh, you don't care about how the software works. The ONE thing that actually matters in software and you think it doesn't matter. So what? You make your deciscions based on what wins an internet popularity contest? How fucking weak.

>(the start) *log in* ==> *You are logged in, enjoy. (the end)*
You forgot the part where you have to put in an email, put in a phone number, fill out the catchpa, agree to the ToS and CoC, and installing the slow, bloated, ugly software that runs the damn thing. Or all the l337 kids run it in their equally large and bloated browser. Whatever. And upon connecting you're greeted by hordes of stupid teenagers talking about anime and fascism.

>IRC is good for people like us who frequent imageboards
You aren't one of us, anon. You're some confused kid that went through the "old/alt internet" fad and found that it didn't make you any more cool or special. And now you're mad for some reason. Go release your teenage angst elsewhere. And when you do, THINK about why you said that IRC works well for people who are online a lot. Is it because they have used a lot of software over the years and found that IRC really was the best choice? Try critical thought before replying?

You're not proving anything here anon. I'm the only one talking about how something works while you're prattling on about what chatroom software Brittney in Pre-Algebra uses on her iPhone. Grow up or shut up.
Anonymous 2024/01/26(Fri) 15:30:08 GMT No. 14102
>>14083
IRC isn't a laughing stock because everyone forgot it exists

[Back] [Catalog] [Top]
Delete Post: []
Report Post: